St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery - Gowanstown, ON

On Thanksgiving Monday, I visited a small cemetery that I have driven by many times but have never stopped in to take a look. St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery sits in the countryside boardered by farmer's fields and tall corn. A small, yellow bricked church sits the the left of the headstones, still active and hosting weekly services. 
St. Paul's Lutheran Church and it's cemetery were established in 1864. The church has beautiful stained glass windows and a small, white steeple. It was a nice change to see grounds and a church that were still lively and well as I usually only visit old pioneer cemeteries - some with closed down churches.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church and it's cemetery have a wide range of headstones styles and ages. One of my favourite styles of headstones are ones made from a large, whole rock or boulder and are left intact with a smooth side or simple plaque added. I found one of these headstones in this cemetery which can be seen below. The owner of this headstone was a horse lover as there were horses carved on both sides. The inscription read that the stone was from a lot in Wallace Township and perhaps came from land meaningful to the deceased.
Another interesting thing that I noticed was a fairly new looking columbarium, though no one was interred in it yet. 
Unfortunately, I could not find a lot information on the cemetery. It was clear that there were generations of family members buried here as there were many names repeated throughout the headstones. Here are a few more of my favourite shots from my cold, rainy visit to St. Paul's Lutheran cemetery.
Be sure to get out there and enjoy some cemeteries in this beautiful season 🍂🎃ðŸŠĶ